Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New year

FADE IN:

INT. LOS ANGELES APARTMENT - DAY

Wow, I can’t believe it’s 2011.

To catch ya’ll up on my latest activities:

I started the New Year as an intern for the Mark Gordon Company – production company of TV shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and Criminal Minds along with movies like Speed, Austin Powers, 2012 and the new Source Code. So far, I’m tasked with making copies, manning phones, sorting mail, running errands and writing script coverage. It's a fun office to work for. There is a vibrant energy that is both invigorating and refreshing

I also finished my 2010 coffee table photo book entitled: A Thousand Mile Summer – Lookouts, Peaks and Vistas of Boundary County.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1872838?ce=blurb_ew&utm_source=widget

This Thanksgiving I was ‘adopted’ into the Allen Family – My cousin’s husband’s family – who live in rural Fallbrook CA, just outside of San Diego. We played kickball, ate our fill and spent the evening playing board games. The next day the girls headed to the spa and the guys set out to conquer the ‘Cactus to the clouds’ hike; a grueling 12-mile hike that begins at 400 ft. and ends at 10,800 ft. Thankfully, there was a tram to take us back down to the SUV.

I was fortunate enough to make a quick trip to North Idaho for Christmas. It was a nice relaxing few days filled with family, friends and good food. I managed to escape before the big snow storm, but returned to LA during a record-breaking rainstorm. Streets were flooded, cars were stranded and I’d left my Vancouver umbrella somewhere in storage.

Still writing, still running and still chasing the dream.

Until next time...

FADE OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment