Friday, January 2, 2009

Orientation Day

FADE IN:

INT. VANCOUVER PUBLIC LIBRARY, 3RD FLOOR - DAY

I have a few minutes before I return for the International Student orientation. Sat through a highlight video of past students works. The bar is high, and there are some really talented students in my class. Out of 24, I am the third oldest. I never thought 26 was that old...

I get my ID card and schedule Monday, January 5th and for the first two months I go to school 4 days a week. Bonus. Finalized paper work for Canadian medical insurance: $54 a month. Double bonus. And snagged a few bottled waters on my way out the door. If they are free, grab three, especially water. Triple bonus.

Well off to one more orientation. Take care and keep it between the ditches this winter.

FADE OUT:

2 comments:

  1. International Student orientation, how does that make you feel? To become an alien and a new student in a week, no wonder you are feeling old. Setting the bar high is good. Remember, "Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun...But mama, that's where the fun is" Reach for the eye's of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful first day!

    ReplyDelete