Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

FADE IN:

INT. KYLE'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

I just got back from a meet and greet with other acting and film production students.  It seems everyone wants to do comedy or horror, there is no real middle ground. But my phone is full of potential Horror actors and comedic directors, contacts that I will probably not use tomorrow, or next week but sometime during my career as a writer, I will call upon their talents.  It's not only what you know, but who you know.

Let me catch you up on the week and weekend happening.

The stairwell pitch went well.  We split up into our two production groups and spent a minute pitching to the opposite group.  The other group critiqued our presentation and at the end of class they had the chance to option one of our pitches. They optioned Romancing the Stone, which is the one I pitched. So that was a nice confidence booster.

I know I said I would be posting one of my projects, but we are scheduled to workshop it this Friday.  Hopefully, you will see it next week.

Over the course of the year, there are a number of 48 hour film shoots, where writing students can submit scripts and if they are good enough, they will be filmed by VFS students over a weekend.  I will be teaming up with one of my classmates to write the short 'Roommates', which I pitched in my last blog.

I finally found a basketball crowd.  There are four guys in class that play and we have set up times every Sunday - weather permitting - to play ball. It is a nice stress reliever.

Things are starting to ramp up! Tonight, I will be reviewing the script Planes, Trains and Automobiles, rehearsing another pitch, writing a twenty line poem, typing out a character study, and trying to keep one eye on the chicken in the frying pan.

Take care and stay tuned.

FADE OUT:  

No comments:

Post a Comment